Under the direct supervision of the Nurse Manager, the Licensed Practical Nurse provides nursing care under supervision for clinic patients.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Prepares patients physically and psychologically for treatments and procedures .Necessary consents are properly executed.
- Assists physicians with examinations, treatments, and procedures.
- Assesses, and records patient’s condition and reaction to drugs and treatments to physicians. Administers prescribed medications as ordered. Provides patient education as needed.
- Interprets, transcribes and initiates provider’s orders. Provides accurate and complete documentation in the patient’s chart for all phone messages, refills, and any other information relevant to the patient’s condition and/or treatment.
- Performs venipuncture when required, administers IV solutions and regulates flow.
- If IV certified, starts IVs, administers piggybacks, Heparin and Lasix per orders and per policy and procedure. Does not administer other IV push medications unless trained and approved by in-service; notifies team leader or charge nurse of medications he /she can not give.
- Answers telephones messages, keep physician and Clinical Manager informed of patient status.
- Properly initiates Variance Reports and notifies Clinical Manager or Nurse Supervisor.
- Records appropriate ICD-9 codes and procedure codes on patient charge sheet. Arranges for admission and transfer of patients to be hospitalized. Assist with precertifications when necessary.
- Schedules and arranges appointments for patients outside the clinic. Communicates with hospital and Nursing Home staff to give physician orders, or give or take pertinent information regarding patients conditions.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Assists with special projects as assigned.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as requested by the Administrator.
- Graduation from an accredited school of practical nursing.
- Valid Georgia license to practice practical nursing.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience as an LPN.
- CPR certification.
- Must be willing to effectively participate as a team member with the clinic staff.
- Must be committed to the protection of confidential information, records and/ or reports.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively in a professional and courteous manner.
- Must have good organizational skills.
- Requires full range of body motion including handling patients and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 100 pounds.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the principles and skills needed for practical nursing to provide patient care and treatment.
- Knowledge of examination, diagnostic, and treatment room procedures.
- Knowledge of medications and their effects on patients.
- Skill in administering a variety of treatments and medications as directed.
- Skill in using various types of equipment for examination and treatment procedures.
- Skill in taking vital signs.
Work hours M-F 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Please apply online or email Resume to Kellialbin@integraba.com