Responsible for tearing down air conditioning compressors; other duties include cleaning and organizing parts as well as loading and unloading trucks. Also responsible for assisting lower level mechanics.
- High school diploma, general education degree (GED) or equivalent experience.
- Driver’s License
- Minimum of two years of related mechanical and electrical experience
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and mechanical drawings
- Ability to work at heights, walk on high elevation grating and to walk up and down stairs with or without accommodation
- Demonstrated understanding of basic math skills
- Ability to use a variety of hand tools, machine tools, and precision measuring instruments required.
- Ability to write legible, routine correspondence and to speak effectively as well as coherently with management and other employees
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form as well as deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Technical Degree
- Three or more years of related experience
- Thorough understanding of quality management
- Basic welding skills
- Properly disassembles compressors in an organized manner that will cause minimum damage to parts.
- Maintain production and make sure there is always something for the builders to work on.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- May be required to sandblast parts along with solvent washing and whatever it takes to properly clean and organize parts
- Other duties as assigned
- Load and unload trucks
- Clean and maintain equipment and tools
- Pull and pallet compressors
- Keep work area clean and safe
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to push/pull up to 100 pounds occasionally.
- May be exposed to extreme temperatures.
- Regularly required to use hands, fingers, to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and sit for extended periods of time.
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions
- Occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and fumes or airborne particles
- Noise level in the work environment is usually loud
Must be able to pass Background Check and Drug screen
Hours M-F 7:00 am – 3:30 pm
please apply online referencing Job title or email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org